the "Public Library of the Year" award is presented by the IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations) with the aim of honoring new public libraries.
The award is presented to a library somewhere in the world that has best managed to combine open and functional architecture with creative IT solutions and has included both digital developments and local culture.
To be eligible for the award, the library must be newly built or located in buildings that have not previously been used as a library. The award ceremony will take place at the IFLA's annual meeting, and with the award comes $ 5,000. Systematic is the proud main sponsor of the award.
Shortlist 2021 "Public Library of the Year" award
Marrickville Library, Sydney, Australia
Deichman Bjørvika, Oslo, Norway
Het Predikheren, Mechelen, Belgium
Ningbo Library, Ningbo Zhejiang, China
Members of the jury
- Jakob Guillois Lærkes, Library Director, Gladsaxe Municipal Libraries, Denmark.
Members of the Public Library Section (IFLA)
- Leikny Indergaard, Library Director, Bergen Public Library, Norway.
- Sander van Kempen, Senior Adviser, KB, National library of the Netherlands, Netherlands.
Members of the Metropolitan Libraries Section (IFLA)
- Siobhan Reardon, President and Director, Free Library of Philadelphia, United States.
- Carme Galve Montore, Library Director, Jaume Fuster Library. Consortia of Libraries of Barcelona, Spain.
- Stanley Tan, Director, Library Planning and Development, National Library Board, Singapore
Medlemmer fra Buildings and Equipment (IFLA)
- Marian Morgan Bindon, Manger, Library Service, OxfordShire County Council, United Kingdom
- Santi Romero Garuz, Architect. Head of Library Architecture Unit, Library Services Management Office, Diputació de Barcelona, Spain